Moving From Ontario

If you are thinking of moving from Ontario, you must keep your Ontario registration in effect until you are registered in another jurisdiction to avoid delays. Other registration requirements may apply, such as: 
  • criminal record checks; 
  • proof of liability insurance; 
  • if your degree is from an unaccredited program, further academic assessment may be needed; or 
  • if you have not submitted original transcripts and internship completion documents to the College of Dietitians of Ontario , you may be asked to include them with your application to another jurisdiction. 
For further information about registration requirements in another jurisdiction, please contact the appropriate regulatory body.

Language Requirement for Quebec

Labour mobility laws permit Quebec to require French language proficiency for a full general certificate of registration. For more information about French language testing and conditions for obtaining a temporary certificate of registration in Quebec, please refer to l'Ordre professionnel des diététistes du Québec.