The College does not give nutrition information or diet advice. Its mandate is regulating the profession of dietetics in Ontario in the interest of the public. If you wish to access the services of a dietitian, here are some suggestions.
The Register of Dietitians
Consult the College's Register of Dietitians
to verify who is qualified to practice as a Registered Dietitian in Ontario. The Register includes:
- An RD's Name
- Registration #
- Language(s) of dietetic services (if applicable)
- Previous Name (if applicable)
- Employer(s) name, address, and telephone number (if applicable)
- Terms, Conditions, and Limitations (if applicable)
- Results of Proceedings (if applicable)
- Finding of Sexual Abuse (if applicable)
Search Online for an RD
You can access the services of a Registered Dietitian by consulting your physician or other primary care provider and by searching online for a “Registered Dietitian” in your area.
Although dietitian services are not covered by OHIP, there are many government funded services through Family Health Teams, Community Health Centres, Diabetes Education Programs, Hospitals and Long-Term Care Residences. Many insurance companies also offer benefits for nutrition services by Registered Dietitians.
Dietitians of Canada Listing