Canadian Dietetic Registration Examination
The Canadian Dietetic Registration Examination (CDRE) is a computer-based multiple choice exam required by every Canadian Province, except Quebec. The exam is offered twice a year, in the spring and fall.
Qualifying for the Exam
To qualify for the exam, you must apply to be a member of the College, meet all the requirements for membership, and receive confirmation that you are eligible to write the exam. Click here
for information on applying to the College.
- A candidate must successfully complete the examination within four years of being deemed eligible.
- An applicant who fails the exam on the first attempt may write it a second time.
- An applicant who fails on the second attempt is not eligible to continue in the examination process without further education and training and a new application to the College.
- A candidate may attempt the exam no more than three times.
If you require special accommodations, supporting documents must be submitted with your exam fees.
Testing Centers in Canadian Cities
- The CDRE is a computer-based, multiple choice exam.
- It is written over four hours
- The CDRE is bilingual. Candidates will be able to view all questions in both English and French
The exam is administered online at testing centers in several cities throughout Canada. Subject to availability, you may choose to complete the exam in any city or province where the exam is being offered. Availability at each testing center is limited, so applicants are encouraged to register early and must be prepared to travel.
There is no additional cost for writing the exam at any existing exam facility.
Scheduling the exam
The CDRE is written twice per year, in the spring and fall. The CDRE is offered over a period of six (6) days. Once you have been deemed eligible to write the CDRE and paid the fees, you will receive instructions about how to schedule the exam through an online scheduling system. You must schedule an appointment to write the exam on one (1) of these six (6) days.
|Exam period - Schedule your exam on one of six days
||November 27 - December 2, 2017
||May 14 - 19, 2018
|Deadline for submitting complete Application (i.e. all required documents must be received by the College)
||Non-Accredited Programs Applicants: August 4, 2017
Accredited Program Applicants: November 3, 2017
|Non-Accredited Programs Applicants: February 9, 2018
Accredited Program Applicants: April 20, 2018
|Deadline to pay CDRE fees
||November 22, 2017
||May 9, 2018